Saturday, August 13, 2011

Saturday Morning Concert


Yesterday morning, Malloy entertained the twins and me with a performance. She sang along to a pop version "Once Upon a Dream" from Sleeping Beauty that was playing on the iPod.  Malloy has become extremely interested in concerts, accessories, and dressing up thanks to a new show featuring her old pal Dora the Explorer.  Now, Dora is all grown up.  She and her 4 friends go to a Shakira concert.  They wear funky clothes and lots of jewelry while tracking down their missing concert tickets.  In this picture, she is wearing some of her dress up earrings, but later she wanted me to draw some blue stars on her earlobes with marker so she could be just like Alana - one of Dora's new friends.  She asked when she could get her ears pierced - we told her not for a LONG time.

Then there was a costume change, and more singing.  Pretty much all weekend she has been changing clothes.  Mixing and matching dress up clothes with real clothes and pajamas to create some very interesting combinations.  There have been lots of necklaces, earrings, and purses incorporated as well.  Last night she wanted to dress herself for bed.  She had on leggings and a t-shirt under her nightgown.  It took some convincing, but she finally agreed that she might get a little warm with all of those layers.





In addition to her favorite song on the iPod, she has been making up songs.  They go something like this, "He likes me.  I am the prettiest one of all.  I care for him"  This was a little concerning.  I asked her who she was talking about, and she said Gardner.  She followed up with another original song "I am going on a date. Oh, yeah.  Oh, yeah.  I am going on a date with my brother, Gardner.  We are going to ...Texas.  Oh, yeah.  Oh yeah".






No comments: