Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Four Year Old (+ 3 months)

Malloy went for her much belated 4 year old well visit today. This appointment was few months late (she turned 4 in May), but there was a reason. I had been warned by all of my friends that this appointment was AWFUL.  I had put it off as long as I possibly could.  I knew I needed to get her shots up to date before school started.  The much dreaded 4 year old well visit involves 3 shots, 1 finger prick, peeing in a cup and a vision test.  Most of my friends had warned me that they had to physically restrain their children after the first shot was administered.  It has been a while since Malloy had a shot.  She got the Flu Mist last fall instead of a shot, and I don't believe there were any shots at her 3 year well visit.  I enlisted the help of Kyle, who assured me that it would not be a big deal.  He was so sure of it, that he didn't allow me to go.  I watched the clock and waited for a call to hear about how horrible is was.  I sent him a text "Did you survive?".  His reply was "It was easy".  When I finally talked to him on the phone he said that she didn't cry (WHAT!!??) and there were no bribes offered.  I was ready to shell out come cash on a special prize for enduring all of those needles.  Malloy asked if she could have one piece of candy as a treat for being so good.  Ummm, YES!

She measured in a 38.5 pounds and 43.5 inches tall.  She was 50th percentile for weight and 97th for height.  Tall and skinny!



I am not sure what is going on with Malloy's hair in these pictures.  I believe she took a nap that afternoon, which is a rarity these days.



Showing me two of her band aids - one had already fallen off.

By the way, I ended up getting that new lens that I really "needed" for my camera.  The pictures were some of the practice shots I took as soon as I got it.  I definitely think the lens takes better pictures, or rather, I take better pictures with this lens. :)

No comments: