Sunday, August 14, 2011

Misc. Maisey & Gardner

Gardner and Maisey hanging out in their room this weekend.




Look who is sitting up all by herself!  This didn't last long - she tumped* over a few seconds later.




For my Northern family a friends, I provide this definition.


* tump 1  (tmp)

v. tumped, tump·ing, tumps Chiefly Southern U.S.
v.tr.
To overturn. Often used with over: You're about to tump that thing over.
v.intr.
To fall over. Often used with over: Is that wheelbarrow going to tump over?



Unlike Gardner, Maisey has no interest in standing.  At first, I thought maybe her legs weren't long enough to reach the ground in her exersaucer or jumper, but they definitely are.  She just doesn't like to put them on the ground.  In fact, most of the time, she bends them up like she is flying.  When I asked the doctor about it, she said it was completely normal.  In fact, she said Maisey had "great muscle tone".  Really?  Under all of that fat?  I can't tell whether Maisey has really small feet or if they just look really small in proportion to those thighs!



I introduced the twins to Elmo LIVE! He talks, dances and tells stories. Malloy got him for Christmas when she was about 18 months old.

They were definitely intrigued.

Maybe a little scared too



Gardner overcame his fear.


Maisey had some wild hair when she woke up Saturday.  I am debating on whether it might be time for a trim in the front.  She is looking a little bit like Donald Trump these days.

No comments: