Friday, August 21, 2015

The Four Year Old Check Up

Continuing in the tradition of taking my kids for their well visits a few months late, the twins had their "4 Year Old" well visit at the age of 4 years and 7 months.  They are so healthy that I didn't want to risk catching something in the doctor's office during flu season.  Then I just kind of forgot about the check up, and then when I remembered it and all that it entailed, I wanted to forget about it again.  The start of pre-school is approaching and I knew I would need some up to date vaccination records, so the appointments were made.  Since things went so well for Kyle when he took Malloy for her visit 4 years ago, I decided to allow him the pleasure of taking each twin for his/her own appointment.

Maisey went first (on Monday).  From the report I received, she did wonderfully.  She was unable to provide a urine sample (I am sure the attempt was quite humorous), but otherwise, her check up went very well.  She told me that the first shot didn't hurt but she yelled "Ouch!" on the second one.

Maisey measured 43 1/2 inches tall (90th percentile) and weighed 38 pounds (50th percentile).  Malloy was the exact same height and half a pound HEAVIER at her check up when she was three months younger than Maisey - and we thought she was skinny!

Here's a glimpse into Maisey's silly personality at the age of four.


I knew Gardner would be more likely to get upset about his shots, so I sent him with Kyle on Friday.  I didn't get a full report on how things went, but Kyle said "he was a wuss" so I am guessing that meant he cried.  He was, however, able to provide a urine sample and was excited to tell me that they took his tee-tee and did something with it.

Gardner measured 1/2 inch shorter than Maisey at 43 inches (75th percentile) and weighed 40 pounds (55th percentile).  He is only 2 pounds heavier than Maisey but certainly feels a lot more "solid" than she does.

A recent pic of Gardner enjoying a boat ride on Lake Bistineau.

I am relieved that the worst of the childhood well visits are now past us.  I don't think there are any more shots (other than the flu shot) until they are eleven years old.

No comments: