Monday, August 10, 2015

Taylor Swift - Take 2

The first order of business during our stay in Chicago was to see Taylor Swift again, but this time in a slightly larger venue.  We headed downtown and had some time to kill, so we made a quick tour of the Field Museum.  The girls are posing with "Sue", the iconic Tyrannosaurus rex in the lobby of the museum. 

 Then we headed to Giordano's for some pizza (what else would you eat in Chicago?).  Our picky eater Malloy is finally taking baby steps towards trying "new" foods and actually ate a piece.  Then we headed back to Soldier Field and stopped to pose with the Sears Tower (far left) and some of the Chicago skyline behind us.
 They were handing out free Red Bull on the way into the stadium.  It seemed like a good idea to let the girls have some since Taylor Swift wasn't expected to take the stage until 9:15!


Maisey was very proud of her little sign and her way too big Taylor Swift t-shirt.

I don't know who had more fun at the concert - the girls or the parents.  I thoroughly enjoyed singing along to all of the songs, and Kyle showed the girls some of his sweet dance moves.  Malloy may have been a little embarrassed.

 She is lucky to have such a sweet daddy who would spend way too much money to take his girls to see their favorite singer.  I'm sure there aren't a lot of four year olds who can say they saw their first concert in floor seats at Soldier Field.

Family selfie!  The concert wasn't over until 11:45, but the girls didn't complain about being tired.  


When Taylor Swift sang "Fifteen", Malloy sang along and said that she wanted us to play that song on her 15th birthday.  It's hard to believe she is more than half way to 15.  I told her that when she is 15, I will explain what the lyrics mean.


'Cause when you're fifteen and somebody tells you they love you

You're gonna believe them
And when you're fifteen, don't forget to look before you fall
I've found time can heal most anything
And you just might find who you're supposed to be
I didn't know who I was supposed to be at fifteen


No comments: