Thursday, December 19, 2013

Thanksgiving

My little turkeys were in charge of bringing strawberries to their pre-school feast.
On the actual day of Thanksgiving, they helped me clean up the house before guests arrived.
Daddy and G-Man
One of the few times I have actually used my dining room
Malloy made everyone "monogrammed" placemats and place cards.  I pulled out some of the rarely/never used wedding gifts and had to remove price tag stickers from my 12 year old napkin rings!
Malloy shared her book that she wrote about the pilgrims and Indians.  Did you know that the pilgrims ate eel??
The bird - cajun fried
The spread - rolls, sweet potato souffle, green bean casserole, stuffing, black eye peas, rice, and cranberry relish.

Dearie, Grandma and Papa
I love Malloy's reaction to the turkey
Maisey enjoyed her peas & rice with turkey
Gardner was also a great eater
Malloy's feast consisted of saltines and strawberries

After lunch, Malloy worked on a Thanksgiving poster.  She asked everyone what they were grateful for and we wrote down our responses.  


No comments: