Mommy had the equivalent of a kid's birthday party this year. School was out, the weather was terrible and Grandma and Papa were in town. We decided to go bowling and to lunch at Chick-fil-a followed by a nice 2 hour nap. I celebrated just like a 3 year old!
I don't know if bowling would have been such a hit for the kids if they didn't sell Icees there.
Of course, I dominated my family with my bowling skills. Or maybe they let me win because it was my birthday??
Maisey seems to have inherited my talents.
That night, Kyle brought home some cupcakes and then he and I went out for dinner.
Kyle was out of town the weekend before my birthday. On Sunday, I got everyone to church (ON TIME) and afterwards I was feeling brave and hungry. I asked the kids where hey wanted to go out to eat - Strawn's, Waffle House, or East Ridge?? They replied East Ridge, and I knew that I would have some support there if my kids got crazy. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised at their behavior. They must have been hungry because they stayed in their seats.
Gardner is the best eater of the crew. When he found out we were going to East Ridge, he exclaimed "corn dogs!". I ordered him some, and I am not sure he even ate one of them. He did enjoy some black eye peas, rice, ham and fried shrimp from the buffet.
Maisey had a large plate of BACON.
Malloy dined on bacon and crackers.
No comments:
Post a Comment