- The transition from cribs, to toddler beds, to separate bedrooms in the course of one week
- Potty training
- Maisey's fake tooth
The jump from cribs to big girl/boy beds happened suddenly. The twins started climbing in and out of their cribs because they thought it was funny. I threatened that I was going to take the side off of the crib if they continued, and they did. So, I had to hold true to my threat and once the sides were off it was only a matter of days until I realized the room sharing was going to have to come to an end. They stayed in their "toddler beds" for a few nights. I don't think they realized that they could escape and wander freely around the room. Once they made that discovery, they were up until 10 pm, turning on the lights, throwing diapers out of the changing table and basically NOT sleeping. I quickly put and end to that by moving Maisey into her new room. Over the course of the next few weeks, I got Gardner moved into a big boy bed and re-decorated the nursery [more to come on that topic later]. Everything has been going smoothly with the two bedroom set up. The bedtime routine seems to take longer because they want to read books in Gardner's room AND they want to read books in Maisey's room. Maybe I can convince them to start an alternating schedule of one night in G's room, and the next night in M's room.
Here's a picture of one of their last sleeps in their nursery together.
It's hard to believe they both used to fit in one crib together.
Potty training deserves it's own dedicated post. It's been challenging and hilarious at the same time. More on that later!
Finally, Maisey's tooth is in! She was an amazingly cooperative patient. I could not believe how well she did for Dr. Holly. Besides getting the impressions made, Maisey tolerated the dentist putting in the fake tooth and taking it out about 5 times as she made adjustments. Every time she would follow Dr. Holly's instructions - open wide, don't bite yet, bite on the stick, open, etc. After the adjustments were finished, she put some sort of dental cement on the bands that go around her back molars and then Maisey had to bite on some rolls of gauze until the cement dried. She did a wonderful job. I think we are going to have to go back for an adjustment. Maisey sucks her thumb and has pushed the tooth up into her gums so it is now noticeably shorter than the tooth next to it. It is still a major improvement over no tooth at all! I am glad we pursued the fake tooth because it is going to be there for another 4 years.
The last smile without the tooth
Cheese!!
Looking good, Maisey!
No comments:
Post a Comment