Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas Tree

I mentioned that we didn't get our tree until mid-December this year.  Traditionally, we get it the day after Thanksgiving.  I had no idea how diminished the selection (and quality) of the trees if you wait to get one.  We went to Lowe's and the pickings were SLIM.  They did not have ANY trees over 7 feet tall.  Therefore, we had to settle for a rather small tree.  I wasn't picky - I literally pointed to the first tree I saw and had them tie it up for me.  The tree was in our living room which is a room that the babies generally are not in.  I put all of the breakable ornaments on it and miraculously most of them survived.

If you are wondering why Malloy is dressed in a ballet recital costume, she had just come from a "Sugar Plum Fairy" birthday party.



Gardner was quite interested in the lights and shiny ornaments.



Trying to get a good picture of the trio by the tree proved impossible.




Malloy enjoyed helping me decorate and playing with the Nativity set once again.  We added some sheep and donkeys this year and another angel and the sheep shelter.


No comments: