The babies have been dying to climb up on the swingset. The platform is about 5 feet off the ground and WIDE open on either side. We got this playset when Malloy was two and I was nervous about her falling off, but there was always a 1:1 parent to child ratio during playtime. With two kids (and sometimes three) climbing and sliding, it just was not manageable. I had to supervise the babies as they climbed the ladder, but couldn't possibly run around to the other side to make sure they didn't take a tumble as they tried to get on the slide. 90 feet of rope later, I have a pretty effective and safe solution. I completely closed off the rock wall side of the playset and made the opening on the near side smaller. The babies love, love, love to climb and slide!
I decided to paint one of the small walls in the playroom with chalkboard paint. It has been entertaining so far and not too messy. The babies have decided to write on the tables and chairs too, but fortunately it wipes right off.
Kyle found some other interesting uses for the chalkboard.
We had some relatively mild weather last week. We spent lots of time outside. The babies enjoyed dining alfresco at their picnic table and used they forks. So big!
Maisey coming down the slide. She has a love/hate relationship with these sunglasses. She wants to wear them, but she doesn't have a big enough nose for them to rest on. She is often found crying and pushing them on her face, but she won't let me help her.
Yesterday, we went to the bank. When the teller saw Gardner and Maisey in the back seat, she sent some lollipops through the tube. I had never given them any suckers, but I thought it seemed like an okay idea. They really enjoyed them, until I heard Gardner fussing in the back seat. I figured he had dropped it on the floor, but nope, it was stuck to his head. I pulled on to a side street, took this picture, and yanked it out of his hair.
Gardner put himself in Time Out. I am not sure why. He looked so cute and innocent, I had to take a picture. He and Maisey also found their jackets from last winter and decided to wear them around the house.






No comments:
Post a Comment