Saturday, May 5, 2012

Malloy is Five!

Malloy had a very big day on May 2nd.  She turned five, went to Kindergarten Round Up, went back to St. Paul's, and after school she had her birthday party.  She changed her mind many times over the weeks leading up to her birthday, but she finally decided that she wanted a "fashion show" birthday in which her guests would dress up and be on a stage.  She also insisted on having a Barbie cake.  With those instructions, I set out to plan a party.  I like having a party on the actual birthday so that you don't have to celebrate the event all week.  One day of celebrating is plenty for me!  Also, you get a surprisingly good turn out on a weekday afternoon.  There are after school activities that sometimes conflict, but for the most part everyone can stop by at some point during the two hour window.

Here's the birthday girl enjoying her special breakfast.  The night before her birthday as I was putting her to bed, I told her she would be five when she woke up.  She told me that you don't actually turn the next age until you blow out your candles.  I had to make sure she turned 5 as soon as she woke up.



Here's the invitation to her party.  I was trying to figure out how to let boys know that they were also invited.  Much to my delight, several of them actually wore ties.  How sweet of them!

The Barbie cake (available at Target) comes in it's very own special box.
Ta-da!  There she is!



The birthday girl

Gardner and Maisey had lots of fun at the party too.


The Extreme Coaster (Christmas gift that Malloy received this past year) was a big hit.

Malloy's pal, Claire will be in Kindergarten with her next year.

Quinton and Shep stopped by on their way to tee ball.  Shep (on the right) is Malloy's on again, off again "boyfriend".  Last week she told Kyle that she kissed him on the lips!  Yikes!

The girls take turns rocking the microphone.  I think we heard the beginning of Bad Romance (Chipmunk's version) about one thousand times.

James wore his tie.

Emma was decked out with her side ponytail.

Mary Linnea will also be at the same school as Malloy next year.

Look at that smile, Tess!

Maddie Price getting ready to ride the coaster.


Continuing with the Barbie theme.  Malloy got the beach house from Uncle Matt and Jill.  She also received two mermaid Barbies, Blair from Barbie Princess Charm School, the Barbie as Rapunzel doll, and two Barbie DVDs.  For all of her birthday parties, I have always asked that her guests do not bring gifts.  We have more than enough toys and Malloy has never asked if or why her friends do not bring presents.  She is more than happy to receive only gifts from her family.
Showing us her jellyfish dress from Dearie.
After taking a bath (with all of her Barbies), Malloy opened her present from Granddaddy - an American Girl Doll named Julie.
It was a fun filled day - an exhausting and HOT day.  I never had time to stop and count, but I made 40 goody bags and they were all gone.  Next year, I think I will try to convince Malloy to have a SMALL party somewhere other than our house!

No comments: