We've been married for ten exciting years. When I think about all of the stuff that has happened to us in the last ten years, I can't help but think that the next ten years will have to be pretty boring in comparison...
-We got married!
-We flew halfway around the world to Bali for our honeymoon
-Kyle took (and passed) the Georgia bar exam
- I sold my condo in Atlanta
-We moved to NYC
- I worked long hours for a big company with huge clients
-Kyle graduated from NYU
-He took (and passed) the Louisiana bar exam
-We bought a house based only on pictures that someone e-mailed us
-We moved into that house and realized we needed to do some a lot of renovations
-Kyle started his job in Shreveport
-I started working part-time at East Ridge C.C. and also did tax returns for a small firm
-We traveled to Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Colombia, Paris, London, San Francisco, St. Kitts (not necessarily in that order) and numerous Georgia football games
-We had a baby
-We bought a bigger house (and remodeled again)
-We had twins!
-We added a second story on our house
Surely, there will not be as many life changes in the next decade. There will be no additional kids and probably a lot less travel. We are NOT moving again and hopefully not changing jobs or taking more bar exams.
We had big plans for a luxurious get away to celebrate our anniversary, but realized that was probably not going to happen because 1.) Kyle's passport was expired and 2.) Who is going to watch THREE kids while we left the country?
I settled for the next best thing. One night away from the kids, dinner at a fancy restaurant, and a shopping trip to Ikea!
Since Kyle has taken a recent liking to sushi, we decided to eat at Nobu in Dallas. I had to take the picture below because I think it was the first time in 10 years of marriage and a total of 14 years together, that I have seen Kyle eat a green vegetable.
We traveled in style to Dallas - a huge passenger van with all of the seats taken out to accommodate our Ikea purchases. It was a tad bit embarrassing pulling up to the hotel valet in the van, but so worth it when it came time for the shopping trip.
We got everything we came for (and more) and had plenty of room to spare. Needless to say, we spent the rest of our Memorial Day weekend assembling furniture with little Allen wrenches. The playroom is now looking good! I will post pictures later.




No comments:
Post a Comment