Since Gardner is going to be in the helmet for a while, we figured we should have fun with it. There are a few different options for decorating your helmet, or "blinging your band". There is actually a website called blingyourband.com that sells decals for helmets with funny sayings like, "Just fixing my flat" with a picture of a flat tire. In bigger cities, places that wrap cars, airplanes, boats, etc. with vinyl graphics offer free helmet wrapping. I was lucky enough to find someone locally to wrap Gardner's helmet. I am sure he thought I was crazy, but once I directed him to the website of the company that does it in Dallas, he got the picture. They actually have a photo gallery of all the kids and their wrapped helmets.
Here's G-Man's newly transformed helmet.
I think his only option for Halloween is to be a Georgia football player.
I do not know why the helmet has holes in it. Maybe to let his head breathe? The holes are over the part of his head that is flat and needs to grow. Actually, I think I remember the Cranial Tech telling me it is so we can see the progress. As his skull gets closer to the holes, we will know it's working!
It was another pretty afternoon, so we all enjoyed some time on the swings.
Malloy is finally learning to swing herself.
We had to kill some time while Gardner's helmet was getting wrapped so we took a trip to the Dairy Queen. Malloy spilled quite a bit of melted Blizzard on her dress. By the way, they were out of Oreos, Butterfingers and strawberries. What kind of DQ is that?
Gardner seems pretty pleased with his new lid.
1 comment:
This is the coolest thing I've ever seen, I mean for a baby that has to wear a helmet.
Post a Comment