Thursday, July 28, 2011

Car Seats and Swings

Who knew car seats could be so much fun? Malloy enjoys playing in them with her dolls and her real-life doll, Maisey. I think she was pretending they were going on a trip in the car, with a dog in her lap, wearing Kyle's size 4 denim jacket with a lambswool collar. Did I mention it is 100 degrees here everyday? You can only do so many things inside besides watching TV. I was glad she was finding a way to use her imagination. Gardner was sleeping during all of this fun. Maisey woke up from her nap and Parker (the boy American Girl twin) got booted out of the tan car seat to make room for her. He had to share the infant seat with his twin, Lilly. You will see that Kit and Bitty Baby are also along for the ride. Why do I have so many car seats you ask? Well, two of them are actually used on a regular basis by the babies. The others need to go up in the attic, but I was washing all of the covers. I haven't been too motivated to climb up to the sweltering attic, so they've been cluttering up my master bedroom for a few weeks.



It was only 93 degrees this afternoon (with a heat index of 100); therefore, I thought it was a perfect day to take the babies outside to play. Actually, it was overcast and there was a very slight breeze, so it felt pretty good. These kids were born in Louisiana. I am sure they are accustomed to these temperatures by now.


Malloy enjoyed pushing and serenading Maisey, as well as biting her toes. Maisey didn't seem to mind.

Gardner was hanging out in the bucket swing with his Hugga Bebe insert. Malloy also enjoyed playing with his feet.


Happy Maisey!


Gardner looks so long when he is all stretched out like that!

No comments: