
After we got home, everyone took a nap (including Mommy and Daddy). Gardner actually took the longest nap of all. Malloy said "Gardner, you are the best! If there was a trophy for sleeping, you would have won." It is hard to believe that Gardner has become a good sleeper. I thought he was going to be one of those babies who just didn't like or need a lot of sleep. I really think his reflux is what caused him so much trouble in the first few months. He seems to have completely outgrown it. He hasn't been taking Prevacid for over a month and he goes down for naps and to bed at night without a problem. I was worried he was going to be addicted to sleeping in the swing. For a while, that was the only place he would take a good nap. It was actually much easier than I expected to get him out of the swing and into his bed for naps. I really can't complain - I've got two babies who take good naps and sleep from 7 pm to 6:30 am. Malloy doesn't nap much anymore, but she goes to bed easily at night and gets her 11-12 hours of beauty sleep too.
The babies were supposed to have their 6 mo. check up this week, but I had to reschedule it. The only thing worse than taking one baby for shots, is taking two babies for shots... by yourself! I need to bring reinforcements when I go to the doctor. Ms. Rosemary had to go out of town unexpectedly, so I have rescheduled for a time when she can go with me. Gardner goes back for another scan of his flat head on Wednesday. I can handle taking him by myself. It is actually sort of fun to go somewhere with "just" one baby. Maisey will be at home with a sitter and Malloy will be at camp. He is doing great with tummy time and he actually rolls on to his tummy to sleep a lot, so I hope there will be some improvement in this head shape and we can avoid the helmet.
The babies are still having 6-8 ounce bottles every 4 hours and having one meal of cereal with baby food each day. I suppose we are going to have to increase that to three meals of baby food pretty soon. It sure is going to be messy! Thankfully, they have gotten better about eating from a spoon so it doesn't take quite as long. Kyle doesn't care much for feeding the babies food. He said, "I would rather change a thousand dirty diapers than feed them baby food." Luckily, I don't dislike it that much. I need to invent a straight jacket/bib so I can keep their hands out of their mouths while I am feeding them. I am just glad that they seem to enjoy eating for now. Malloy is still the World's Pickiest Eater so it is a constant struggle to find something that she wants to eat. Gardner is especially interested in food. Today at breakfast, he tried to steal a hashbrown off of Kyle's fork!
No comments:
Post a Comment