Saturday, June 25, 2011

Family Swim

Today was our first trip to the pool as a family of five. It seemed like a daunting task to get everyone there. First, you have to work around feeding and nap schedules, then you have to get everyone dressed and sunscreened, not to mention having only 2 parents to hold/supervise 3 kids. Well, I am glad to report that we did it....and it wasn't that bad!

I decided that the best time to go would be after the late afternoon bottle. There is no scheduled nap between that bottle and bedtime, but the babies usually take a short cat nap sometime around 5 pm. We fed them at 3:00, got everything packed up, and arrived at the pool a little after 4:00. Our pediatrician happened to be at the pool with her kids. When she saw the twins, she said, "Well, I see you haven't been feeding them much!" They sure are some chubby babies! I was almost afraid I wouldn't be able to get Maisey's thighs into the swim diaper. Since the doctor happened to be there, I asked if it was necessary to put sunscreen on them being as it was after 4 pm. She said it wasn't (whew!) so that saved us some work. Both of the babies enjoyed being in the water. Gardner found it to be so relaxing that he put his thumb in his mouth and fell asleep while Kyle was holding him. One of my friends (who was there with her 2 1/2 year old twins) offered to hold him so Kyle could go play with Malloy. Gardner didn't care who held him, he just wanted to sleep.

Check out those thighs on Maisey!!



Big sister and her babies

This picture was taken after Gardner was woken from his nap. He looks so funny when he's half asleep.

Still looking a little groggy.





I definitely had my hands full!

No comments: