Thursday, May 26, 2016

February 2016

February started out with a milestone birthday for one member of our family.  Kyle hit the big 4-0, and we celebrated it with all of the Independence Bowl volunteers.  The volunteer appreciation party was scheduled for February 4, and as the outgoing Chairman, his presence was required.  I decided to celebrate not only Kyle's 40th birthday, but also the I-Bowl's with a big cake.

The Highland Parade is always a fun, family event.  We caught lots of beads, toys and Moonpies (Gardner's favorite).

The annual Indian Princess Sweetheart Dance is always around Valentine's Day.  Next year, Kyle will have two dates and he will be the Chief of the South Highlands tribe.

 Soccer season started up again and this girl means business!!  I have a feeling she is going to be the athlete in the family.  She is very serious and very competitive.
 Gardner's feeling about soccer vary from game to game.  He does hate losing, but instead of taking that anger and using it play harder, he often pouts and wants to walk off the field.  He has shouted things like "I hate that team!", "I hate losing!" and "I'm never playing soccer again!".  Despite these feelings, he did manage to score a few goals this season...but Maisey will be quick to point out that she scored MORE!
 Everyone still loves Thumper and he is living a very pampered life.
 The twins had Rodeo Day to celebrate the letter R.  This was probably Maisey's favorite dress up day.  She is a cowgirl at heart.
 More love for Mr. Thumps!

No comments: