Sunday, June 29, 2014

May and June according to My Phone

The last two months have really been a blur.  When I looked back at my camera roll on my phone, I realized that it was a very busy May and June.

Here's a random list of what we did:


 Gardner's hair got really out of control and he was in desperate need of a haircut.
 I made a spur of the moment decision to take him to a barber shop because my hair stylist was not available.  As you can see, she was not shy about cutting.
The end result was okay - a little short for my liking, but not terrible.
Gardner embraced the roll of daddy when he played house with his sisters.
 Malloy participated in a one mile Glow in the Dark fun run for the Junior League.
 Maisey continued to be herself.
 
 We had Muffins with Mom day at FPDS.  Maisey and I decided to cheese it up with our matching dresses.
 Gardner got the memo about wearing yellow too.
 At the end of the year, the teachers made a scrapbook of photos for each child.  I laughed out loud when I saw this one of Maisey.  She is wearing her "Jesus is the Light" shirt that she made, and she looks really happy about it.  I can tell she must have been in one of her moods since I sent her to school in a Christmas outfit and pink cowboy boots.  Sometimes it's not worth the battle.
 The tree trimmers were busy at work on our street and the yard men were also mowing the same time.  The kids decided to pull up their chairs and watch.
 Malloy had her end of the year class party.

 Preslee, Claire and Malloy were in Anderson's Alligators this year.
 Last day of school picture with her teacher, Mrs. Anderson.
 She wrote a funny journal entry about Kyle and I going to the Bahamas.  Apparently, she got to "party all week without us"!
 Kyle and I did manage to get away for a five night trip to the Bahamas.  Thanks to my parents for volunteering to watch everyone!!
 We enjoyed swimming at Granddaddy's pool.
 Malloy had her dance recital.
 Kyle and Gardner went on a Father-Son trip to the Mississippi Braves game in Jackson.  It was a double header and Gardner was selected to be the honorary bat boy.
 Gardner kept everyone safe around the yard.
 Granddaddy provided another hard hat for his collection.
 More tree trimming action meant Gardner could put his hard hat and chainsaw to use.
 Malloy loved playing with our neighbor Maggie.
 The kids invited themselves over for an impromptu sprinkler party/hose fight with Mr. Jason.
 All of the kids went to St. Paul's camp this summer.  They had four weeks of camp and we signed up for all of them.  I certainly loved being able to drop all three off at the same place!
Camp was from 9:00-1:00 every day and the twins insisted that they were not going to take a nap when they got home.  Instead, they waited until 4:00 to pass out on the couch.
 They came home with lots of cute art projects including these hilarious super hero photos.
 We hung out at church on Wednesdays for their family activities.
 Gardner learned how to dunk with a little help from a very tall friend.
Maisey enjoyed some Chinese mac and cheese and insisted on using chop sticks.  Sometimes she got too many noodles in her mouth.
 And other times she had just one.  We eventually switched to a fork.
  We went blueberry picking at Hillcrest Blueberry Farm.  
We picked three buckets of blueberries and three buckets of blackberries.  Then we made blueberry muffins and blackberry cobbler.  We still had a lot of berries left over.


We celebrated Father's Day at East Ridge.

And then it was time for a haircut again....

No comments: