Tuesday, June 11, 2013

June Misc...

I have a feeling most of my summer posts will be entitled "Misc" because that's pretty much how we roll in the summer.  We don't have any upcoming trips or events, so I will keep the blog updated with a bunch of random stuff.

Let's see...we took the crew out to Lake Bistineau.  They were really excited about the idea of going to the lake, but were not so excited about actually staying in the water for more than 2 minutes at a time.  As soon as they got in, they wanted out, and and soon as they were on the dock, they wanted to get back in the water.  The water was cold and murky.  Mommy did not get in.  Malloy expressed her fears about the possibility of alligators being in the water and we assured her that there certainly probably were not any gators in the lake.


I got a new app on my phone call beautifulmess.  You can write words across your pictures.  I put it on Malloy's iPod and she made this.  How sweet.


Memorial Day weekend, Malloy had her first ever bout of strep throat.  The strange thing is, she didn't even complain of a sore throat.  She had a cough and a fever and was just not quite acting herself.  I took her to Urgent Care and her diagnosis was confirmed.  The doctor said we could treat it with an "injection" (I noticed that he purposely used a word that Malloy would not understand as he gave the options) or 10 days of antibiotics.  I quickly made the executive decision that the shot was the way to go.  Malloy was not happy about the location of the shot and the removal of the band-aid (10 days later) was rather traumatic.
The sisters sing a Taylor Swift duet.  Maisey is sort of obsessed with her microphone.  I think she is going to be a lounge singer.  She just carries it around and sort of sings/talks in a melody all the time.  She actually has 2 microphones and usually sleeps with at least one of them in her crib.
We all went to Happy Belly's after "camp" last week.  The kids did pretty well until Gardner stood up on the bench and started growling at everyone and proclaiming that he was a tiger.  Malloy asked if she could wear "Mary Jane" clothes one day last week.  I was perplexed by her request, and then she showed me what she was talking about.  She meant Matilda Jane - which is a brand of clothes that I did not think she approved of wearing.  They were classified as "cute" not "cool" in her book.  I was thrilled to see that she is coming around with her fashion sense.  I've kind of been on a sewing kick lately.  I made Gardner's shorts and Maisey's dress and my friend, Lindy, appliqued/monogrammed them for me.  
Maisey is really in to wearing underwear (despite not being potty trained whatsoever).  She had several mosquito bites on her bottom and she insisted on showing everyone.  Here is she showing Gardner her backside as she said "Gahd-now, Wanna see the skeeto bites on my booty?"  
An attempt at a sibling photo shoot after church...
The photo was not a success, but Gardner is no longer crying when we drop him off at the church nursery.  Praise the Lord!
Gardner was mesmerized watching a tree get cut down at Granddaddy's house.

Here's my funny Gardner story for the month - I was at a stop sign in a parking lot when a car approaching from the left looked as if he was going to run his stop sign.  I honked and called him a name.  I told the kids he was a bad driver.  A few minutes later, Gardner says, "Mommy, Jack is sad."  I said, "Why is Jack sad?" (I had no idea who he was talking about).  He said, "Jack is sad because you are mad at him.  He's a bad driver."  Ooooohhhhh.  That JACK!

No comments: