Friday, February 8, 2013

A Trip to the Dentist

We survived the twins' first trip to the dentist.  I don't know what I was thinking when I booked appointments for all THREE kids at the same time.  Fortunately, Malloy loves the dentist and is a very cooperative patient.  I can't say the same for Gardner and Maisey, but they were pretty well behaved considering it was their first visit.  I was eager to find out the situation on Maisey's missing front tooth.  One of my friends who is a dentist said that after her 2 year molars were in, they could do a fake tooth on a wire.  Fortunately, Maisey has always been an early teether and all 4 of her molars are in.  None of Gardner's are.  Anyway, my dentist is hesitant about doing a fake tooth because she said it never looks "real" when she does a single front tooth.  I think a bad looking fake tooth is better than no tooth at all, so she is going to do some research and hopefully we will pursue it in about 6 months.  The next time we go back, we are hoping the twins will be more agreeable to opening their mouths and maybe getting X-rays.  Maisey would have to get impressions done for her fake tooth too.  Dr. Holly just took a quick peek this time and brushed on a fluoride treatment.


Just thankful we got out of their without breaking any of their equipment!

No comments: