Thursday, January 3, 2013

More Christmas Happenings

After being out of school for a week, Malloy was glad to return to her class just in time for the holiday festivities.  Her teacher, Mrs. Greene, celebrated her birthday on December 20.  I volunteered to bring Snowman shaped donuts from Krispy Kreme.  They were a hit with the kids.  The next day, the class had a Christmas party where they played games, exchanged goodies, had a special snack and presented their teacher with her gift.  It was a week of celebrating!

At the beginning of December, all of the Kindergartners at South Highlands received these Elf hats.  They wore them every day while they worked and they were supposed to bring them magical Elf powers of "hard work and Christmas cheer" as Malloy informed me.  On the same day I brought the donuts to school, I got a call that Malloy had hit her head on the wall in the cafeteria.  I went up there to check it out, but it was already covered with a band-aid and Malloy would not let me look at it.  She acted completed embarrassed that I showed up in the cafeteria during her lunch period.  How dare I??

While celebrating in Malloy's class, one of the other parents pointed out Malloy's self-portrait.  I think she might be suffering from a distorted body image.  She is very ROUND in this drawing.  I have to compliment her on her tie dye outfit.  It does not resemble anything that she has in real life, but it is very appropriate as her class is called the "Groovy Kids".
As you can see, in relation to her classmates, she is large and in charge.
The twins did not have a big celebration at school, but they did receive gifts from their teacher.  Maisey was thrilled to open her brown bag and find a BALL!
She was so excited (and surprised) when she found out that Gardner received a BALL too.  It was just like hers!
Oooooh!  Ahhhh!  

No comments: