Malloy helped me drop everyone off for their first day. She was showing Maisey the ropes in her old classroom.
Yesterday was the first day I have been alone in my house since the twins were born. Some of my twin mom friends told me that keeping your kids at home with a sitter is easier than getting them to Mothers' Day Out. I agree that it is more trouble to load everyone up, but having the house to myself for a few hours is worth it! After school, we sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Maisey loved swinging. Doesn't she look happy?? Well, a few hours later she had a fever of 102.7 and had to miss her second day of school. :( We went to the doctor today, and after a finger prick and throat swab, the doctor diagnosed it as "just a virus".
I went ahead and sent Gardner to school. Maisey and I had the whole day to ourselves. After the doctor's office, we took a quick trip to Wal-Mart (her first trip EVER to ANY store), then met a friend for lunch. I was reminded of how easy it is to do things with just one baby.
Now for my latest invention - a bathtub built for two!
While we were in Chicago, we gave the babies a bath in the kitchen sink. They were still a little too wobbly for my liking. Now that they are good sitters, I decided to bathe both of them in the sink at the same time. It was so much fun! Each baby had his/her own compartment, and they were splashing and splashing and having a ball.
"Hey Gardner, you're getting water in my eyes!"
Maisey was doing her share of splashing too.
They shared their toys.
What? We made a huge mess and got water all over the floor?
No comments:
Post a Comment