Monday, April 26, 2010

Curtains, Cheese and Celebs

For some reason, my pictures appear in the reverse order that I uploaded them. Oh well! What you are looking at first are the new curtains in Malloy's room that I made. I have been slaving away every spare moment during naps, at night, and even during the day if I can distract Malloy with some TV, to get these curtains finished. Once Malloy started waking up with the sun (at 6:30) I decided she definitely need some curtains with black out lining. I like sewing, I've sewed many curtains before, but working with the black out lining and making curtains for 5 windows has nearly done me in. I am glad to report that they are 90% done and tonight will be the true test to see if the darkness will make her sleep in later.




Below is a picture of Malloy enjoying a piece of cheese. Why is this a photo worthy event? Because she probably hasn't eaten cheese in over a year. You can't see it in this picture, but she is also drinking milk. I don't know what came over her. Last Thursday, she woke up and asked for milk instead of orange juice (she NEVER drinks milk). She downed one cup and asked for another...then another. She also asked for cheese. She ended up having 3 slices of mild cheddar before school. I was thrilled with her new found affinity toward dairy products, but let's just say all of that milk and cheese did not agree with her digestive system. We'll need to make sure she gets a lot of fiber before she does on her next dairy binge. This love of cheese and milk was short lived and she is back to her old ways.



Finally, this is a picture of Malloy wearing Violet Affleck's jacket. Violet is the daughter of Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner. It is a long story, but basically, they are temporarily living in Shreveport and Malloy was playing at the park with Violet, Ben, Seraphina, and the nanny last Monday. We were almost the only ones there (there was also a grandpa and little girl). Malloy and Violet were sort of playing. Ben and I were watching. I just couldn't bring myself to strike up a real conversation with him, but we did make some small talk revolving around the kids. He even patted Malloy on the head. The nanny and the baby, Seraphina, went home and shortly after that, Jennifer Garner arrived to say hello. She and Ben were chatting and a secretly took a picture with my camera phone. They took off and right after they left, I realized that Violet left her jacket hanging on the fence. Being the nice person that I am, I picked it up and intended to return it. I had to take a picture of Malloy in the famous jacket before I took it back. I happened to know exactly where they are living while they are in Shreveport. They are actually renting a house from a friend of mine and it is in our neighborhood. I planned to leave it on the doorstep, ring the doorbell, and leave. No sooner than I started walking back to my car should Ben Affleck answer the door!! I was sort of halfway back to my car at that point so I just shouted to him - "Voilet left her jacket at the park" and he replied "Thanks, that was nice of you to return it". The next day, we saw them again at the park but we didn't talk or anything. There were lots more kids there and Malloy and Violet weren't really hanging out. I think they are in town for about 6 weeks, so I'll be sure to post the details of any celebrity playdates that we may have.






1 comment:

BG said...

Hi, I'm an old Mindenite. I read your blog all the time (I hope that's ok). I just wanted to tell you this post is HILARIOUS! I would SO do something like that - taking a pic of Malloy in Violet's jacket. How fun and how funny!
~Breck (http://bennettgamel.blogspot.com)